Geological recognition, often called a drilling campaign, results in sets of surfaces representing contact between particular lithological units, faults, and other important structures of the deposit. Complementary, structural model is followed by a database containing results of chemical and/or mechanical analyzes. Unless the deposit is very homogeneous, those data are difficult to use, if a knowledge on a particular place in the deposit, a place which was not drilled, is required. Thus there are geostatistical methods (statistics but considering spatial location), which allow interpolating quality of the deposit between drillholes. Those methods base on modeling and understanding trends and variability of the deposit.
We are able to:
- Support drilling campaign in order to obtain the right data for modeling
- Evaluate already acquired data
- Compute the block model using the appropriate interpolation method
- Prepare a statistical report on the quality of the deposit
- Compute qualitative resources of the deposit - raw mix resources
- Advice on correctives consumption and evaluate different correctives
- Deliver the model in an interchangeable format
- Conduct training and workshops on block modeling using Surpac
- Facilitate QSO Expert training (GTT&Optimizer) to estimate raw mix resources (only for plants which have the software, or in cooperation with regional hubs of LH)
“A goal without a plan is just a wish to reserves,” said Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. The quote explains the reason to prepare proper plans for the deposit extraction. In case of aggregates, or very homogeneous deposit plans are prepared to base on volume which should be extracted. In cement and many industrial minerals, where chemical quality matters, plans need to consider also this component. Preparation of mining the obvious indication of areas to extract, includes also other elements, like roads, dumps, ponds etc. It is also the way to prove, which part of resources can we reclassify to reserves and with which level of confidence.
We are able to:
- Update and clean 3D digital map
- Clean and use drones or other scanning data and integrate it with the outdated 3D map
- Prepare the entire mining strategy, from opening to final pit stage.
- Prepare plans and stages for recultivation
- Compute medium and short-term plans, following the general strategy
- Design roads, dumps and other infrastructural objects upon request
- Calculate and balance extraction volumes
- Deliver results in terms of maps, 3D drawings in the exchangeable format as well as original Surpac/CAD files.
- Conduct training and workshops on pit design using Surpac/CAD
- Facilitate QSO Expert training (Expert Planner) to estimate raw mix reserves (only for plants which have the software, or in cooperation with regional hubs of LH)
The best plan is just a scrap of paper or a digital bundle of bites, if not implemented properly. Drilling & Blasting, as well as Loading & Hauling, tend to have a large area for improvement. Improvement in terms of smoother and more efficient operations, which result in significant cost savings. The savings appear in the quarry itself but may be even larger in the upstream processes. Optimized fragmentation allows reducing costs of loading and hauling (more consistent load on every truck, easier loading) but influences also crushing process - there is less material to crush! Better loading and hauling keeps the crusher running with maximum capacity influencing specific energy consumption. Is your mobile fleet getting old? Fleet replacement strategy will allow optimizing capital expenditures and evaluate offers from subcontractors!
We are able to:
- Review sampling procedures in the quarry
- Advice and support daily operations planning
- Conduct Drilling&Blasting and Loading&Hauling audit
- Facilitate Drilling&Blasting and Loading&Hauling training
- Establish a roadmap for better fragmentation
- Measure the fragmentation
- Advice on blasting materials and blasting accessories
- Elaborate fleet replacement strategy
- Support the tendering process in the new fleet purchase and negotiations with subcontractors
- Conduct a crushing audit
- Review transportation and homogenization process
- Conduct transport and homogenization workshop.
- Facilitate QuarryMaster training (only for plants which have the software, or in cooperation with regional of LH)
- Update QuarryMaster model/version (only for plants which have the software, or in cooperation with regional hubs of LH)
LAFARGEHOLCIM EXCLUSIVE SERVICES
Coming from ex Holcim I have knowledge and experience in QSO Expert and QuarryMaster. A large part of my job in Holcim was related to block modeling, QSO and QuarryMaster models preparations. Training for the local team was always included. If you need any support in the above mentioned software, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Why those services are limited to LH only? The owner of the software is still LH and does not sell it externally. If you happen to be an ex Holcim operation and have rights to use the software, we can support you as well, but we are not able to deliver QSO or QM licenses.
We are able to:
- Prepare or modify QSO model from an existing block model
- Prepare or modify QuarryMaster model
- Facilitate a training of QSO and QM
- Estimate resources and reserves using QSO Expert
- Prepare a long time mining strategy using QSO Expert
- Evaluate QM application and look for areas of improvement